Job Title: Account Executive- Commercial Lines
Reports to: Unit Manager
Venbrook Insurance Services is a national leader in insurance, reinsurance, and risk brokering and management solutions. We cater to a national client base across myriad industries with divergent needs. Our team of experts and industry specialists’ partner with our clients to manage their risks, create security, promote growth and add value by delivering best-in-class insurance products and programs. Venbrook is committed to ongoing product innovation, market agility, and strength in our partnerships for risk management solutions that allow our clients to focus on driving their business forward.
Venbrook specializes in a wide range of insurance and risk management products including: Property, Construction, Primary and Excess Liability, Directors & Officers/Management Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability and Privacy, Crime, Employment Practices Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Transportation, Ocean and Inland Marine, Personal Lines, and Surety Bonds.
Venbrook is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA with various locations throughout the country. For more information on Venbrook Insurance Services, visit us at www.venbrook.com.
Follow our community:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/venbrook
Twitter – www.twitter.com/venbrook
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/venbrook
Come and join a Commercial Insurance Team that is on the move! The Account Executive role is a dynamic opportunity for a Commercial Insurance professional with 10 years or more experience at a Retail Agency. The Account Executive will manage a client base of Commercial accounts in a manner that promotes an excellent level of service and profitability to both the customer and Venbrook.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, analyze and evaluate clients risks; review coverages to ensure quality of risk placement. Recommend needed changes in coverage when required due to change in exposure, marketplace and general improvement of insurance program.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of coverages and policy terms and be able to clearly articulate this information as needed.
- Manage day to day processing of endorsements, coverage/policy changes, billings, certificates, audits, premium allocations and general correspondence. Direct Account Manager to assist in completion of client requests.
- Analyze the insurance requirements in contracts, including but not limited to leases and loan agreements, and report to the client on (1) any inconsistences between the insurance requirements and the Insured’s existing coverage (including recommendations on how theses inconsistences should be resolved), and (2) any appropriate changes to the wording to improve the risk transfer or to make the requirements better reflect the current market.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Client, support staff, insurance markets and other Venbrook staff.
- Keep client files in order; document all account activities in a manner which is clear and understandable by others.
Marketing Renewals and New Business
- Prepare underwriting submissions, assist Producer in the selection of markets, and send submissions to markets in a professional and timely manner. May coordinate client calls with or without Producer assistance.
- Negotiate with insurance carriers in matters of coverages and rates to obtain most comprehensive coverage and competitive pricing for clients and Venbrook.
- Assess and act upon opportunities to develop additional account revenue by cross selling additional coverages or referrals.
- Follow up with markets and monitor the quote/underwriting process to ensure that we are meeting the necessary time frames established.
- Prepare coverage letters, check policies for accuracy, and direct technical assistant to issue binders, process invoices and set up files.
- Maintain and update knowledge of industry trends, marketplace, and appetites of carriers; share information with others as needed. Assist Producer on sales calls/opportunities to present coverages.
- Supervisory Responsibilities*
- Oversee work for Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers and Account Techs in the unit (one Account Manager is currently planned)
- Prepare and discuss annual review with employees in the unit.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Attention to Detail - Takes the time to double-check work for accuracy; provides a high quality product; ensures favorable reputations for self and VIS.
- Teamwork - Balances needs of team (and VIS as a whole) with individual responsibilities; willing to assist others when needed.
- Presentation skills - Able to independently organize and conduct client or carrier presentations as required.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions; utilizes a creative approach to solving problems when a traditional approach does not solve the issue.
- Ethics – Commits to following company procedures; demonstrates ethical behavior in all business dealings.
- Development - Assists in the training and development of others; committed to personal development and continuous learning.
- Sales skills - Negotiating skills and ability to identify opportunities to increase revenue.
- Customer Service
- Highly alert to the needs of the client.
- Consistent and continuous service to the client and carriers.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Acts in a diplomatic manner and responds promptly to customer needs.
- Meets all commitments.
- Leadership Skills
- Delegation – Able to delegate both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Teambuilding – Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue.
- Performance Management – Able to provide positive feedback, as well as constructive criticism.
- Staff Development – Commits to developing the skills of the team.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate where people want to do their best; is someone people like working with and for; makes everyone feel their work is important.
- Proficient in common Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, etc
- AMS 360 experience required.
Education and Licensing
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience California Brokers Property/Casualty License
- CIC Designation preferred
- California Property/Casualty License Required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift and/or move objects. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands and fingers to grasp, perform repetitive motions; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and feel. This job requires the employee to have close visual acuity.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies and captives.
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees' development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued.
We are looking for a Claims Examiner with 3+ years of handling litigated auto and/or general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate to high severity to join our team.
The position is remote.
· Communication with client’s employees, point of contact and file handling to the conclusion of assignments.
· Execute on client/Carl Warren strategies to achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
· Work effectively with partners/subcontractors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.
· Could be called upon to perform additional duties, if needed.
· 3+ years of handling litigated auto and/or general liability property damage and bodily injury claims
· Field investigation experience preferred
· Public entity experience is a plus
· College degree is preferred and a designation (e.g. AIC, AIM, ARM, CPCU) and/or insurance related courses are a plus
· Experience working in claims management systems and strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Come join our growing Human Resources Team! We are seeking an HR Leader to serve as a primary HR business partner for one or more Business Units (specifically retail and wholesale insurance brokerage, and insurance programs) within the Venbrook Group of Companies. This position serves as the primary resource responsible for the designated Business Unit on all aspects of human resources including employee relations, salary and wage administration, benefit administration, recruitment, employee development, workers’ compensation, regulatory compliance and works in collaboration with the Corporate HR Team members.
- Respond to Employee Relations matters and perform investigation where needed to reach resolution, including drafting of full investigation reports.
- Assist and coach Business Unit Leaders and Supervisors on the following: appropriate resolution of employee relations issues, interviewing, hiring, terminating, promoting, performance review, and safety.
- Facilitate and support the implementation of organizational development programs; employee orientation and training programs; HR and Payroll System management procedures; employee engagement, performance management, succession planning; and employee records retention and documentation policies.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are communicated to and in compliance for all areas and all Business Units.
- Support initiatives related to employee benefits.
- Support and oversee leave of absence process (FMLA) and accommodation (ADA).
- Supports all HR, benefit, and compliance audits.
- Plans, designs, develops, and evaluates human resource-related initiatives that support strategic goals.
- Develops and administers effective workforce planning activities; directs strategies to attract, recruit, hire and retain the best available talent; establishes and updates Business Units hiring guidelines, metrics, and procedures; provides guidance as needed.
- Ensures an ongoing and proactive focus on driving change and process improvements within the Business Units, linking change management needs, communications, tools and processes to promote continuity.
- Identify needs for updates to and assists in rollout of the Employee Handbook, personnel policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries from employees and provides direct support to Business Units regarding policies, procedures, programs, payroll and benefit issues.
- Manage multiple Human Resource initiatives projects to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software (high level Excel skills preferred).
- ADP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of employee benefits including: group health and life insurance plans, flexible spending and dependent care programs (FSA), 401(k) plan, and COBRA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience in retail broker or insurance environment preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with 150 employees and 20 locations across the country. We specialize in providing liability and property claims management and administration for self-insured clients, to include the private and public sectors, insurance companies and captives. At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees' development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued.
Do you have a passion for claims and enjoy working with people? Would you like to be part of a company that is experiencing consistent growth? Would you like to be part of team environment where your experience and oversight can have a positive overall effect on the program and your ideas are valued? Would you like the opportunity to take ownership of a program? If so, you just might be the person we’re looking for as a Claims Supervisor for some of our national accounts. This will be a remote position.
- Supervises, trains, coaches and directs adjusters as they resolve non-litigated Bodily Injury claims.
- Responsible for ensuring claim quality and desired outcome is achieved through consistent oversight of claims.
- Audits and reviews files and directs adjusters toward appropriate file resolution while reinforcing best practices and SHI requirements.
- Promotes associate development and engagement.
- Collaborates with other members of the management team on various projects and assignments.
- May be called upon to perform additional duties as directed.
- Build a strong rapport with and understand the needs of each particular client and offer guidance as to the handling of their claims.
- Ability to travel for participation at trials and mediations as needed.
- 5+ years of experience supervising the handling Property & Casualty claims; litigation management experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience training, leading and supervising the work of others.
- College degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Bi-lingual capabilities in English/Spanish is preffered
- State Adjuster licensing required based on client location and needs
Effective Communicator. Participates in file reviews with clients. You will assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations; participate in the interview and selection process for new claims staff and provide feedback and coaching to direct reports in a clear and concise manner. You must communicate regular updates with your team on legislative updates and changes in client claims handling instructions and Claim practices and procedures.
Problem Solving & Decision Making. Mentors, trains and empowers others to analyze problems and make quality decision; has a “big picture” approach when making decisions.
Customer Service. Aligns and supports goals that promote client-centric culture; assists in developing processes to ensure customer satisfaction and monitors that level; takes a proactive approach with clients.
Collaboration. The ability to work as part of a claims team and to understand how his/her individual achievements impact the results of the team and the company as a whole.
Strong organizational skills. Coordinates with the adjusters in preparation and submission of detailed reports in accordance with SHI’s as well as for presentation at claim reviews. Must be able to multi-task.
About the Company
Carl Warren is a nationwide Third-Party Administrator (TPA) with about 150 employees and multiple locations across the country. We provide liability and property claims management and administration services to the private and public sectors, insurance companies and captives.
At Carl Warren, we are committed to investing in our employees' development and providing a positive work environment where our employees feel valued. We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our team. This position will be a remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively supervise unit of 5-8 claims people and their respective caseloads in a proactive manner.
- Adhere to all file handling standards, CW Best Practices, state statutes. Ensure file quality maintained necessary to pass audits performed by regulatory agencies, carriers, and clients. Form well written emails and Large Loss Reviews internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance to ensure company objectives are met.
- Review and respond to claim appeals and grievances investigate and respond to complaints.
- Adhere to Company policy and procedures.
- Lead and manage by example to promote culture of service and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to achieve key business goals.
- Assign accountability for desired outcomes and hold adjusters to required dates.
- Communicate clearly and provide adequate direction.
- Track trends by program and unit – know the team’s claims when a client asks.
- Know the Team’s Clients and be able to confidently discuss their claims.
- Effectively manage corrective action processes in accordance with Human Resource guidelines.
- 7) May include supervision and training of claim staff.
- Must have 10+ years of overall claims experience, preferably in Commercial Trucking.
- Must have 5+ years Claims Supervisory experience or similar/related experience.
- Advanced level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Requires advanced technical skills and ability to assist claims unit adjusters with claim direction and settlement negotiations with attorneys and arbitrators on first and third- party claims.
- Ability to work independently.
- Advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze claims data and explain and appropriately respond to auditors, clients, and potential clients during in-person presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office platform).
- Obtain and maintain necessary adjuster licenses.