Job Title: Account Manager- Commercial Lines
Reports to: Account Executive
Location: Irvine, Ca
Venbrook Insurance Services is a national leader in insurance, reinsurance, and risk brokering and management solutions. We cater to a national client base across myriad industries with divergent needs. Our team of experts and industry specialists’ partner with our clients to manage their risks, create security, promote growth and add value by delivering best-in-class insurance products and programs. Venbrook is committed to ongoing product innovation, market agility, and strength in our partnerships for risk management solutions that allow our clients to focus on driving their business forward.
Venbrook specializes in a wide range of insurance and risk management products including: Property, Construction, Primary and Excess Liability, Directors & Officers/Management Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability and Privacy, Crime, Employment Practices Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Transportation, Ocean and Inland Marine, Personal Lines, and Surety Bonds.
Venbrook is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA with various locations throughout the country. For more information on Venbrook Insurance Services, visit us at www.venbrook.com.
Follow our community:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/venbrook
Twitter – www.twitter.com/venbrook
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/venbrook
Come join our new and growing Commercial Lines Team in Irvine, CA! The Account Manager role is a ground floor opportunity for a Commercial Insurance professional with 3-5 years’ experience. The Account Manager will actively support an assigned client base of Commercial accounts in a manner that promotes an excellent level of service and profitability to both the customer and Venbrook.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client Service
- Review insurance coverages to ensure quality of risk placement. Notify Account Executive when changes in coverage are required due to a change in exposure, marketplace and/or general improvement of insurance program. Utilize additional technical resources as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of routine coverages and policy terms and be able to clearly articulate this information as needed.
- Manage day to day processing of endorsements, coverage/policy changes, billings, certificates, audits and general correspondence. Utilize all available resources to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, support staff, insurance markets and other Venbrook staff.
- Keep client files in order in accordance with Venbrook’s policy and documentation procedures; document all account activities in a manner which is clear and understandable by others.
- Marketing Renewals and New Business
- Prepare underwriting submissions, assist Account Executive in the selection of markets, and send completed submissions to markets in a professional and timely manner.
- Assess and act upon opportunities to develop additional account revenue by cross selling additional coverages or referrals.
- Follow up with markets and monitor the quote/underwriting process to ensure that we are meeting the necessary time frames established.
- Prepare coverage letters, check policies for accuracy, issue binders, process invoices and set up files.
- Full time position, 40 hour schedule
- Ability to work daily, on site in the Irvine, CA office
- Ability to work overtime when needed/requested.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Attention to Detail - Takes the time to double-check work for accuracy; provides a high quality product; ensures favorable reputations for self and VIS.
- Teamwork - Balances needs of team with individual responsibilities; willing to assist others when needed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions; utilizes a creative approach to solving problems when a traditional approach does not solve the issue.
- Ethics – Commits to following company procedures; demonstrates ethical behavior in all business dealings.Customer Service
- Highly alert to the needs of the client.
- Consistent and continuous service to the client and carriers.
- Works with a sense of urgency as required to meet deadlines.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Acts in a diplomatic manner and responds promptly to customer needs.
- Meets all commitments.
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in common Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, etc.
- AMS 360 experience preferred.
- Education and Licensing
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- CISR Designation preferred
- California Property/Casualty License Required
- College Degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift and/or move objects. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands and fingers to grasp, perform repetitive motions; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and feel. This job requires the employee to have close visual acuity.