Objective: The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for working closely with the Director of Technology in maintaining the operational status of a Windows computer network. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Systems Support Specialist provides help desk assistance to the end user, as well as network system administration assistance. This person is also expected to proactively support the Director of Technology’s individual goals and some high level projects including implementation of new systems and newly acquired entities, as well as the company’s corporate goals, objectives, and strategies. The work is of a technical nature but also requires good customer service and communication skills.
Reports to: Director of Technology
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide end-user desktop, network and application support.
- Maintain service requests status.
- Assist with the administration of the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) equipment.
- Assist business units in implementing process improvements and changes.
- Installation and update of programs and systems.
- Provide support for critical business needs outside of normal business hours via cell phone notification and/or other communications.
- Assist with security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years minimum experience.
- High level of problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows, SQL, Hyper-V and Exchange server.
- Understanding of PC computers, switches, routers, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Good help desk and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel and work outside of 8-5 as may be required.
- Understanding of Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment a PLUS.
- Programming and/or scripting a PLUS.
- Understanding of Crystal Reports a PLUS.
Objective: The Operations Specialist will support and work collaboratively with the SVP of Operations on various projects and daily tasks.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as the point person, specialist and highest level user of the company’s retail agency management systems so they may be utilized by the company to the best of its ability.
- Gain and utilize expertise of the system in order to build out work flows, reporting, and Quality and Professional Standards that can be incorporated for use company-wide.
- Collaborate with SVP on build out, training and maintenance of Quality and Professional Standards companywide.
- Manage insurance resources, continuing education and markets.
- Attend carrier marketing meetings and functions with SVP; electronically distribute content to retail staff. (gathering marketing materials and drafting communications regarding market appointments and appetite to staff).
- Coordinate and train new Retail and Wholesale personnel on Surplus Lines processes.
- Auditing of various workflow functions including surplus lines filings for compliance before submission.
- Strategize and collaborate with SVP on new and existing projects.
- 7+ years Commercial Lines insurance account management experience.
- Should have an understanding of marketing of submissions for new and renewal business, knowledge of carrier markets and appetite, account management work flow, coverage knowledge and understanding of coverage forms, endorsements and exclusions, certificate issuance, preparation of summaries , proposals and binders, agency billing and invoicing, policy checking.
- California Brokers Property/Casualty License.
- Complete knowledge of AMS360 functionality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate and build trusted relationships with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Significant attention to detail.
- Provides high quality product and takes ownership of work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Works with a sense of urgency and takes accountability for resolving issues.
- Acts in a diplomatic manner and responds promptly to employee/customer needs and requests.
- Able to prioritize workload and work under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., with strong computer skills.